If you are truly a Mermaid like myself, you LOVE seafood. Seafood is my absolute favorite, specifically crustaceans. Here I have a delicious recipe, which is now a fan favorite for dinner: Cajun Boiled Shrimp. Anywhere I go when traveling I always want to find a seafood spot that sells boiled shrimp, crab legs, clams, you name it! The flavor I am looking for is very particular, the smell of the cajun and the garlic has to make me salivate before even eating it. Squeeze some limón and muah! Perfection. This meal takes less than an hour to make and you and your family will LOVE it.
Seafood of choice: Clams, Shrimp, Crab legs, etc.
Corn on the cob (Half sizes)
Baby potatoes of choice: Red or russet
4 sticks of Butter
1 to 2 cups of garlic cloves
Lemon or Lime
2tbsp Lemon Pepper
2tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
Salt (to taste)
1) Start off by boiling your corn and potatoes for 30 min.
2) Prepare all of your seasonings and blend them together
3) Blend your garlic cloves in preferably a food processor or Nutri-bullet.
4) Steam your seafood for 15 min
If you aren't sure how to steam, here is a link below.
Now Lets Make The Sauce:
5) Add 4 sticks of butter to a pot on medium high.
6) Once melted, add your garlic
7) Add your mixture of seasoning
9) Put sauce to a simmer for 15-20 min.
Add All Ingredients:
10) Cook your Shrimp in olive oil and add a dash of salt
11) Add the sauce to your shrimp and mix it up!
12) Add your corn and potatoes and mix it up also.
And there you have it! a delicious dish of cajun shrimp boil. You can serve it with steamed rice or even as a pasta. Also don't forget your limón to squeeze on to when your are ready to eat it! Enjoy Mermaid!