Veggie Soup Easy Recipe
Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is getting sick this time of year? I hope you mermaids are staying safe and healthy and taking your vitamins! Here is an easy recipe for a chicken (optional) Veggie Soup that I make everytime I come down with a cold. Enjoy!
• Two carrots 🥕
• red or green onion 🧅
• 4 celery
• 2-3 Russet Potatoes 🥔
• 2 tomatoes 🍅
• 2 limes 🍋
• Cilantro 🌿
• 1 Cucumber 🥒
• Produce of Choice
Prep your veggies and put the remains in a pot to prepare to boil and make your vegetable broth
2. Pour water into pot (amount of water depends on how much soup your making and how much broth you prefer) I usually use 4 cups for 2 servings.
3. Put your remains in the pot of water and bring to a boil, add a dash of salt and bring heat to low. Put lid on and let it brew while you finished prepping your veggies and cook your produce (if wanted).
(I usually switch between cooking ground Turkey and chicken breast.) I use the same seasonings that will be added to the soup and broth.
4. In about 20min. The broth should be ready. Use a strainer bowl and pour your pot of broth into a bigger pot.
5. Add your potatoes, Carrots, and Celery to the pot of broth and bring to a boil. Add a dash of salt
6. Once the roots and celery have softened, lower the temp to medium high and add the rest of the veggies. (Save some cilantro for the garnish)
7. 15 minutes later add your cooked produce and seasoning to taste. ( I usually add more cayenne to clear up my congestion when feeling sick).
8. Put heat on low and let it brew.
9.20 min later soup is ready to serve! Squeeze some lemon or lime for a citrus taste and add cilantro as garnish.