It’s still winter & a cozy creamy soup isn’t just what you need to warm you up and satisfy your hunger. Here is a delicious recipe for a Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. I also roasted the seeds and used it as a garnish along with rosemary.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
Salt and pepper
3 1/2 pounds butternut squash
4 cups chicken stock
1. Start with preparing the butternut squash (or use pre-cut): Peel it, remove the seeds, and cut it into 1-inch pieces.(8-9 cups)
2. In a stock pot melt 1 tbsp butter and saute onion for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
3. Add chopped apple and saute for 1 more minute. Add remaining butter and let it melt completely. 4.When the butter has melted season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
5. Add butternut squash and chicken stock.
6. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 30-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.